It is past time for a new crochet pattern round up and for this one I decided to focus on BAGS!!! Big bags, little bags, medium bags… all the bags!! I have included TWENTY ONE amazing & fun bag patterns in this round up! I tried to stick with patterns that call for chunkier yarn since that is my jam, lol! I hope you enjoy this round up and add a few new projects to your queue!!
Let’s get started!!!!
- Monstera Bag by Maria Isabel of chabepatterns – You will need both an 8mm & 3.5mm hook for this bag! You will need a super bulky weight yarn like ribbon, t-shirt or other super bulky yarn for the body of the bag and a sport weight yarn for the appliqué If you decide to add it! This is a SUPER cute bag and I love the leaf detail! ($3.60)
- Babe with The Yarn Bag by Pink Sheep Design – This is a large hobo-style tote bag that is great as a project bag, weekend travel tote or beach bag! You will be holding two strands of bulky (5) ribbon yarn together for this bag or you can choose to use T-shirt yarn or any other super bulky yarn & a 12mm hook! ($7.11)
- Granny Square Bag by Susana Owner of FluffyStitchesShop – You will nee a 9mm hook and super bulky yarn for this pattern! I love the simplicity of this Granny Square bag! ($3.19)
- XL Crochet Tote by MonoMeyStudio – You will need an 8mm hook and a super bulky yarn or 6 mm macrame style cording for this bag! This pattern includes access to a full video tutorial! ($5.32)
- Large Chunky Crochet Clutch by Claire of KingAndEyeCrochet – You will need a 12mm hook and T-shirt yarn or other super bulky yarn for this pattern! It looks like a super bulky macrame style cord would be great for this pattern too! ($3.81)
- The Rory Chunky Crochet Bag by Joni of rubywebbs – You will need a 9mm hook and will hold 2 strands of bulky (5) weight yarn together for this bag OR you could sub a single strand of super bulky! ($5.98)
- Wander Crossbody Bag by Michelle of barleyandflax – For this bag you will need a super bulky yarn, it looks like the designer used Hoooked Ribbon XL. The recommended hook size is not listed but I would venture to guess it would be in the range of 8mm to 10mm! ($5.00)
- Simple Mini Purse by ruanyumei of yumeijie – I love the simplicity of this little bag and new I needed to include it in this round up! You will need any super bulky yarn and an 8mm crochet hook for this pattern! ($3.30)
- Mariner Cross Body Bag by Pink Sheep Design – This is a perfect bag pattern for beginners, with simple stitches and a straightforward design–great for quick gifts and craft shows/markets! You will need a super bulky yarn (like Hobbii Bungee Mini or T-shirt yarn) and a 10mm hook! ($7.11)
- Easy crochet clutch by Allison of BustedHook – Another simple yet beautiful design that calls or super bulky yarn! You will need a 9mm hook and T-shirt or super bulky yarn for this one! ($4.00)
- Round Rope Bag by Kristina of NorthernLightsTrail – I loved the uniqueness of this little round bag! You will need an 8mm hook and either 5mm macrame rope, T-shirt yarn or other super bulky yarn! ($4.58)
- Chunky Bobble Bag by Rose Owner of CraftHerblog – This is a fun little bag that calls for an 11.5mm hook and T-shirt yarn or other super bulky yarn! ($4.50)
- Duffle Days Bag by Sam Hermes of Little Bud Creations – I don’t think I have ever seen a crocheted duffle bag and this is the CUTEST one EVER!!! You will need T-shirt yarn or other super bulky yarn and a 10mm hook! (FREE!)
- Half Moon Bag by Make.E – You will need T-shirt yarn or other super bulky yarn and a 10mm hook for this design! ($5.93)
- The Grove Bag by Katrina Zwambag of Orchid Loop – This is a super fun large tote bag design that calls for super bulky (6) yarn and a 6.5 mm hook! (FREE)
- Large half moon bag by kickassisters – You will need Super Bulky Yarn for this pattern, the recommended crochet hook is not listed but I would venture to guess you would need an 8-10mm hook for this one! ($5.37)
- Crochet Sun Tote Bag by Priscilla Mitchell of The Stitch Queen – This is such a FUN bag! I love the unique shape and it immediately made me smile! You will need super bulky (6) yarn and a 9mm crochet hook! ($5.19)
- Sophia Tote Pattern by Knit Collage – I love the boho feel of this bag and who doesn’t love a good granny square project?? You can even get this one as a kit if you’d like! You will need a 10mm hook, super bulky yarn & optional wooden handles for this project! ($8.00)
- Bobble Tote by Courtney Stowe of Ginger Knots – I have had this bag on my list to include in a pattern round up for a WHILE now! It is the perfect little “to-go” project bag and I love that it is both functional and cute as heck! You will need Super Bulky (6) yarn and a 9mm hook for this project! (FREE!)
- Grab n’ Go Purse By Heidi of Hands Occupied – This is the CUTEST little purse and I knew it needed to be included in this round up! I love the simplicity of the handles and although I have never added “non-yarn” handles, this pattern makes me want to try! You will need t-shirt yarn or other super bulky yarn and a 16mm hook! (FREE)
- Pom Pom Clutch Bag By Craft With Jess – Pom Pom Clutches just brighten anyone’s day! This pattern is a quick WIP and super fun to make! You will need T-shirt yarn or other super bulky yarn and a 10mm hook! ($5.50)
I truly hope you guys enjoyed this round up and found a new project (or a few for that matter!!) to add to your WIP list!! If you have requests for a round-up topic let me know in the comments!