Who’s ready for a new Crochet-A-Long???? 🙋♀️🧶
I’ve been wanting to make a second Mini Puff Jacket for a while now and thought, why not make it LIVE and turn it into my next CAL!?!? If you’ve never participated in one of my CALs before, I do them a little differently… 😆 I LOVE going live and crocheting along with you guys, so every Tuesday throughout the CAL I will go live on my Youtube channel for an hour and crochet each section with you!
If you are on Facebook be sure to join the Pink Sheep Design Facebook group so you can share your progress or use the hashtag #minipuffCAL on Instagram!
The videos will go into a special YouTube playlist so that you can catch up anytime if you can’t make it to the live sessions! I don’t provide the PDF pattern as part of the CAL but I DO show each section of the pattern on the video as we move through the project so that you can pause it to see instructions for your size. I do recommend purchasing the PDF Version so you can follow along–espcially if you are still learning how to read crochet patterns, this is a GREAT way to improve your pattern reading skills!
You can also check in here on this blog post for updates and information in once place! I will be pre-scheduling the videos on YouTube so you can set reminders and will include links to those videos here! The first live session to kick off the CAL will be October 18, 2022 and I will be going over everything you need to know about there project including yarn recommendations, yardage, hook recommendations, gauge, and how to choose your size! Use the link below to set a reminder!
Here’s a breakdown of what you need (& need to know) for this CAL:
- The Mini Puff Jacket is written with inclusive sizing for XXS/XS, XS/S, S/M, M/L, L/XL, XL/2X, 2X/3X, 3X/4X, & 4X/5X AND has LOTS of photos to guide you. I also include a full measurement guide at the end of the PDF pattern with photos of my testers in their jackets, along with which size they made and their body measurements to help you truly choose the right size for you!
- Estimated Chest diameters: XXS/XS (33.5″), XS/S (37.5″), S/M (40″),M/L (45.5″), L/XL (48″) XL/2X (52″), 2X/3X(55″), 3x/4x(60″), 4X/5X(64″)
- Yarn Needed: Super Bulky Weight (6) yarn. You can also double up a bulky (5) weight yarn, just be sure to check your gauge!
- Needed Yardage: 460 (XXS/XS), 530 (XS/S), 580 (S/M), 650 (M/L), 680 (L/XL), 740 (XL/2X), 780 (2X/3X), 830 (3X/4X), 880 (4X/5X) yards
- 11-11.5mm crochet hook
- Tapestry Needle and scissors
- Gauge 4×4″ – 6 HDC stitches x 6 HDC rows
Looking for a good ergonomic hook for this project? You can find our 3D printed, ergonomic jumbo hooks HERE
Need a more basic hook? You can get an 11.5mm basic Susan Bates hook HERE
Need help choosing the right yarn for this project? Here are some great options to get you started!
- For my original Mini Puff Jacket, I combined Hobby Lobby’s Adora-a-ball super bulky for the body & Bernat Velvet Plus for the trim
- Michaels store’s Loops & Threads Sweet Snuggles, Big Braid, Sherpa, Chenille Home Grande, Cuddly Chenille, Eco Tie Dye
- Bernat Velvet Plus, Sleepy, or Forever Fleece
- Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick, Hometown USA or Mandala Thick & quick
- Blanket Yarn including Bernat Blanket, Joann Big Twist Cuddle, Premier Basix Chenille, Lion brand Cover Story or I wanna make a Blankie
- Caron Sprinkle Cakes & other super bulky cakes by Caron
- Himalaya Dolphin BIG
- Joann Big Twist Sherpa
- Hobby Lobby Chunky & Cozy
- Mainstays (WalMart) Chenille Heathered Yarn
- Premier Parfait XL or Snow Cone
- DOUBLE Stranded: Hobbii Baby Snuggle or Happy Chunky Double Chenille, Yarn Bee (Hobby Lobby) Fleece Lite yarn, Premier Just Chenille, Bernat forever fleece finer, Lion Brand Homespun
Let’s Get This Party Started!!!